[Dailydrool] drooling bassets

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Wed May 6 23:35:24 PDT 2009

I have to agree with Bev on the how much drool you get.  I think that the bigger the mouth and lip flaps the more drool you get. Abby Gale and Nelly Belle are pretty dry mouthed even when food is before them.  Sadie Maye (bigger lip flaps) drools a little but only when food is within her grasp and snatch for a few minutes.  Tucker (ATB) was my biggest drooler and would drip and stream with food, car rides to the vet (he always knew) and at the vet.  They all have wet mouths post water but Sadie's dribbles it.  My flat faced Gregor kitty snots a lot when he sneezes.  I have decided that Drool is cool but snot is not.  Drool is also a lot easier to clean up. LOL

I don't have carpet but have a large area rug in the living room.  I don't really have to clean much drool on it....but the hair is never ending.  I actually had carpet with my first two and it worked well.  I tore it out because of my allergies.

We send drool to all in need but can send snot as well if you think it will help,
Karen and The Dog House Gang