[Dailydrool] Annie's case

Leanne Potts leanne.potts at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:35:38 PDT 2009

The saga continues. The case of Annie, the dog whose owner Randall Treadway
allowed a harness to become embedded in her body, was continued to June 3.
That's Treadway's deadline for a plea in charges of animal cruelty. This
case has been getting pushed back since it hit the court in February.
Clearly Treadway's lawyer is hoping to delay this case until no one cares
anymore.

So we have to let them know we do care about what was done to Annie. Call
the Washington County (Tenn.) District Attorney's office and let them know
this matters and you want the D.A. to be aggressive in pursuing this. The
numbers are 423-753-5020 or 423-434-6840. You can also send a letter to:

Office of the District Attorney
101 East Market Street
Johnson City, TN 37604
Telephone: 423/434-6840

Don't let Treadway get away with this. Let's be sure Randall Treadway gets
the ending he deserves, too. Call or write the D.A. Demand Justice for
Annie. Tell them you want Treadway prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
law. Don't let Annie's case fall between the cracks of the justice system.
This has dragged on for four months. Let's keep the case in the top of their
minds.

Call. Write. And spread the word to your animal-loving friends to do the
same.

Leanne Potts
President
Belly Rubs Basset Rescue