[Dailydrool] Drool & Ticks & Bellies & the Bridge

Bassetmomx2 Hound bassetmomx2 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 22:18:12 PDT 2009

My guys drool, but drool more when eating or watching us eat something. They
do leave small piles, but on the kitchen floor, it makes it real slick & I
have almost fallen or twisted knees, so I always wipe it up. Drool towels
are at everyone's chairs and one in every room. Once a week we try to do
"drool patrol", wipe it off the wood work & walls. The only time we "duck
and cover" is when they sling while we are eating. My oldest is much more
"wet mouthed", then the youngest, but they are totally different in
confirmation, head & body size ect. I have seen other breeds drool more.
They also know to "come and get wiped" whenever they eat or drink.
They are my perpetual toddlers, they will never grow up, it doesn't matter
if they drool.

As for ticks, those nasty little suckers...they can climb to the top of a
blade of grass and throw themselves into the wind and travel a mile that
way!!
We use Frontline and cider vinegar & thank God do not have a problem.

We also give the hounds "Farina" a hot breakfast cereal for minor belly
sickness. I know that I shouldn't put alot of sugar in it & make it with
milk. But they always eat it and they get better, real quick. No diarrhea
from it either.

One more comment---It is always so said to hear about all the babies going
to the Bridge----I remember Fey-Fey(what a princess), Woo (a gentle sweet
soul), Noah go slowah (the original OBE? and all the other ones, it just
breaks our hearts......It is kinda strange, because, with Nugie gone
now------we must meet all the new hounds that are "stepping up" to
share their lives and stories with us.

The old will not be forgotten, they live in our hearts and are a part of us.

I just wish the Bridge would close for awhile---maybe to restock the buffet
or something. There seems like soooo many lately.
Heart-felt symathy to ALL that have lost a loving companion and loyal
friend. (Sorry we don't post for everyone, it touches our hearts deeply & we
have never even met any of these beloved bassets)

bassetmomx2 for Augie and Yankee