[Dailydrool] new puppy and drooling

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Fri May 8 06:25:07 PDT 2009

I agree do not rip out carpets and start an entire house remodel because of drool!  NO NEED! Before you know it you will be loving the drool and it will
not even matter! Anitra

When our Maggie was a pup she drooled copious amounts.  It got slung everywhere and around her nose.  If you didn't pay attention she would wipe it on us.
Now, at 9, she doesn't drool much at all and the other 3 bassets don't drool much.
But, I have never gotten use to drool much less love it.   Actually it nauseates me a little.
Spring shedding season doesn't thrill me much either.  Nor does the line around the walls and cabinets that is Basset height.

What I do love are the expressions and the personalities.   The positives weigh in higher then the negatives of Basset ownership.  They are delightful dogs.

However, for all those who may be thinking about getting a Basset, be sure you know what you are getting into.   If your one who always wants your house to look like company is coming the Basset may not be for you.

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com
http://www.geocities.com/clubbasset/index.html
http://www.dachshund-wpdc.org/