[Dailydrool] Basset Drool

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Fri May 8 12:48:25 PDT 2009

Drool is just par for the course with all my Basset boys.  My girl never
drooled.  Otter and Radar didn't start drooling until they were one and
it has been non-stop since.  There's always a drool string across the
nose when we go for walks.  There's drool to be washed off floors and
walls after a good romp in the house.  Pizza drool seems to be the
longest.  Right now, as I type, there is dried drool on my computer
screen!  The best is one Thanksgiving I was ready to put the food in the
serving dishes, all the dogs present and accounted for in the kitchen of
course, when all of a sudden there was a shake and drool flew through
the air and landed in one of the bowls.  Thankfully no food was in it
yet so in the sink it went and out came a clean bowl.
You'll learn to deal with the drool.  Just keep a paper towel around at
all times!
Cheryl
Otter, Radar and Kita