[Dailydrool] wall camoflage

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Fri May 8 15:44:14 PDT 2009

My youngest son is autisc and mentall disabled, he finds tearing up newspaper soothing but it leaves black ink print finger prints all along the hall wall and just about everywhere it seems. I ran into an artist at an local art fair who does murals.  As you walk into my house you are met by a lank white  wall with the ususal decoration of fingerprints, I hate white walls.  Pictures get knocked down and wall paper gets dull where is is washed too much.  The wall mural works perfect/  I chose a jungle theme, that section of the wall is a Madagasgar theme with lemurs, a tortoise, chameleons, moths and birds.  The jungle hides EVERYTHING,  The artist had no problen with the sand in the existing paint and covered his work with several layers of acyrilic.  We also had "dog trails" from earlier furry friends now ATB and he covered all nicely with jungle decor and every time I walk in the front door I smile.  As I save up I intend to expand the jungles down  the hall, old world on one side, new world on the other with a waterfall at the end of the hall between jungles.  At first I wanted a whimsical style jungle, sort of imprressionist like Rouseau sp? but this works out well and it is fun to see the expression of people when they come in.  I do not think even drool whould show up.    Buttercup it doesn't smell like a jungle.  And Beausays Whatza junkle  what mess?  Basset aren't messy, dats birdies.   Sue mompers to Buttercup, Beau. :ole, GWwhomight really be a reincarnation of a dog, Jordythe cat martyr and Mickey the messy cockateil