[Dailydrool] Drool for Elwood Please!

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Sun May 10 16:43:48 PDT 2009

I am very much afraid that tonight will be Ellys last night with me, He is
old, Somewhere between 11 and 14, blind and has been my "Gray Ghost" for
the past couple  of years. Elwood spends his time on my bedroom floor
sleeping, only getting up for food or to go out. He started not  eating  this
weekend. He would eat a little but left most in his bowl. Yesterday, he ate
about a tablespoon full of rice/hamburger. This AM he wouldn't even eat that.
He  is so weak he has fallen down my stairs three times in two days. Before
you send  me a nastygram, I have blocked off the stairs with a baby gate but
somehow he  persists and gets through. Today I had to go out and left him
locked  in my  laundry room. Tonight I gave him a can full of Vienna sausages-
a basset fave-  and he immediately walked away from it as though the  smell
of food  repulsed him. I then tried some cooked chikie but he walked away
from that also.  He is  drinking  water  but he  looks like a hide draped on
a skeleton. I  am contacting my vet in the am and will get him  in but  I
am afraid that he has something going on that may not be good. He would be
the  3rd hound in 8 months to leave my pack and it will  be very hard to  say
goodbye.
Kathy with  Elwood, Crackers and Loki
**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!