[Dailydrool] Training needed

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Mon May 11 06:10:13 PDT 2009

We are in urgent need of training.  Basset Dad takes 2 hounds for walks in our development (lots of open space and unsold lots).  The hounds love it.  But, Dad lets them run free.  They used to stay close to him, but now Gallagher takes off - chasing butterflies, birds or people on bicycles.  He's one fast and determined basset.  When he has the 2 of them on leash - it's time to wrestle.  So, it's either train the hounds or train Dad.
Exactly what is "tracking" and how can we start?