[Dailydrool] greetings droolland

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Mon May 11 14:33:56 PDT 2009

Hello everyone, Watson woofed at me from Colorado to get on the drool and
let everyone know about the most recent houndie abuse occurring at our
house. He's altering the "paw-thorities" he says...

I have been instructed (sternly and with many eye-rolls and heavy sighs
included) to declare to the world that we are bad slaves. We promised Watson
that he could go to his first Waddle after I was done with finals this
semseter, and we had decided that we could probably drive to Iowa for their
waddle. We bought Watson a new bed for the car, we looked into hotels, we
registered and everything, and then sadly, plans changed. Watson is crying
foul, because now we can't make it. We (the slaves) have to go to Crested
Butte, Colorado instead next weekend, and no dogs are allowed to attend.
Watson would like to ask Nigel and Llewis esq. for legal advice. He's
grumbling about "breach of contracts" and damages for "emotional distress"
and he's asking a lot of legal questions about which state he'll have to
file suit in since I'm in Wyoming but he's in Colorado... Since I have
chosen to ignore these slightly-veiled threats, he's demanding to speak to
his "pawtorrneys"... I'm busy studying for one last final, and I'm pretty
sure I can pacify him with cuddles and treats once I get home, but he says
he's remembering this one and that my superficial attempts
at reconciliation are meaningless to him (apparently, he uses big words when
he's angry...hmm wonder who he got that from...)

Anyway, I tried to explain that we would try very hard to go next year, but
he's inconsolable. Not only has he endured an entire semester without me,
but also he does not get to waddle, AND he doesn't even get to come on
vacation at all! Hopefully he'll forgive me one day, but that day will not
be today *sigh*

He also grumbled that he's sending drool to those in need.
We send snooters and hugs to those who have lost their hounds recently. We
will light a candle tonight for their safe passage to the bridge.

We (well.. more like me since I'm getting the silent treatment from
Watson..) hope everyone has a great time a the upcoming Waddles. Watson does
too, he just doesn't know it yet.

Katie and Watson (harumph!)