[Dailydrool] New Buppy and now there are 3

Dawn dlvj at ptd.net
Tue May 12 05:04:23 PDT 2009

On Mother's Day we got our newest addition to the house with a 4 month old female that was advertised in our local paper.  We named her Lilly (her name was Betsy) and she knew it by Sunday evening.  If you saw her you would think she has a sad rescue.  Her ribs stick out in fact every bone in her little body is prominent.  How this family claimed to love her is beyond me.  When we went to pick her up, they had her tied to a short chain in the front of their house with her bed on the porch.  The daughter came to the front door and told me to take her bed with her and went back in the house.  That was it...no goodbyes...good luck...no anything.

She is so shy and afraid of people. I must socialize her as much as I can to get her over it.  She is fine with other dogs and since we kinda live in "dog heaven" here she should be fine.  Two of my sons live on adjoining properties and when we have all our dogs out playing near the creek there are 6 of them and Lilly loves them all.  I took her to the vet yesterday morning....made the appointment before I had her, and he said aside from being so thin, she appears to be fine and just give her an extra portion at lunchtime until we get some weight on her.  I did put her back on puppy chow as opposed to what she was being fed.....Alpo mixed grill for adult dogs.  I put her in a crate on Sunday night to sleep and she was fine...she loves it.  That's a good thing because she is not housetrained at all.

Lucy, who was spayed on Wednesday, plays with her and I think as time goes on they will become "sisters".  Daisy, our lab tolerates her but that's is Daisy.  She is a "people dog" and really doesn't play with other dogs.....just plays fetch constantly.  The cats are fine and she is really not bad with them either......sniffs but hasn't chased them.

We are sending drool to Elwoods family to help them with their sadness.

Dawn, momslave to Lucy, Lilly, and Daisy