[Dailydrool] FW: Fizban update 3

Mary Mischelle Kemp mmischellekemp at hotmail.com
Tue May 12 13:41:15 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,
   I thought you all might like another update on Fizban. My vet emailed me last night (I have an awesome vet) with Fizban's test results. He says: "The path report came back as a reactive lymph node. No cancer was noted but they give cautious optimism due to some tumors have a lot of dead tissue that can stir up the lymph nodes."

  WOOHOO!!! I'll take cautious optimism over it is cancer any day!

  In addition to that Fizban is doing well. The new pain med regimine is working much better for him, thanks for all the advice I received about that. A couple of drooler's suggestions are being used. He still has a sinus infection, I'm stopping at the vet's office today to pick up some different antibiotics to see if we can clear that up.  His face is also still quite swollen, but it is slowly going down. He's still quite lethargic most the time although the meds seem to give him occasional bursts of energy. It is quite amusing when these bursts occur because he runs around like a 6 month old puppy. He had one burst during our Mother's Day celebration that had everyone laughing. We are also still able to leave the e-collar off. I had to go back to work yesterday but I have arranged for him to not be alone much while I'm gone. Today, Grandma is coming over to stay with him, yesterday and the rest of the week Fiz and Tas are staying at my neighbor's house. She works evenings so that works out well. I'm really blessed that I've been able to arrange things so he doesn't have to be alone. That has enabled me to safely leave the e-collar off of him while I'm gone.

  I think that pretty much covers it. Thanks again for the thoughts, healing drool and prayers. Hug all your furbabies an extra time for me.

Mary, Pw. Tasselhoff and Fizban