[Dailydrool] No more well behaved houndie!!

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:08:33 PDT 2009

What's gotten into my once wonderful pup? Joey's always been a decently good
houndie; when I first got him he had a thing about drinking out of the
toilet, and would sit in the bathtub willing the faucet to drip (which he
stops. He learned that tub + hound = BATH!!) but his new passion is
garbage!!!

Seriously, in the past 2 or 3 months, he's gotten into our DOG PROOF
TRASHCAN at least a dozen times. And, we're not talking a simple knock,
snatch & grab either. Nope. He's moved it through a hallway (with a curio
cabinet in it) and at least 2 rooms!! Now, granted our house is on the small
side, but that's still a pretty mean feet for a houndie!! And, he strews the
trash everywhere!! We're talking a good 20-30 mins. worth of pick-up
everywhere!!

I came home today to our kitchen (where said trashcan resides), and stuff
strewn about over about 1/2 the floor, not to mention the removable part of
the can was out of place, and took some doing to get back in. Mom said she
has photos (in true basset slave fashion! Don't clean up the mess, laugh &
take photos first, then clean!) of the mess he made in both our living room
& in hers & dad's bedroom. Now, in order to get the can to these rooms, said
can had to be maneuvered through a rather small hallway with a curio cabinet
in it, and then up & onto the carpet in either room.

The current theory is that he stands up, and knocks the can over, in order
to get it to open up. He's big, so he's a world class counter cruiser, and
that's the only thing that we can think of as to how he does it... I
seriously am tempted to leave out a cctv camera, and capture him in the act.
The mental image of him up on his stubby hind legs, pushing the can down the
hallway, all the while with Checkers (the bagel) and Crispin (the spaniel)
egging him on is just hillarious!!

Seriously, I don't know what's gotten into this pup! Maybe it's spring
fever, maybe he's hungry (though he gets MORE than plenty of food!) or has
there been some OEBE confrence calls going on again...

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473