[Dailydrool] Bones and spots

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Tue May 12 17:10:31 PDT 2009

We want to send drool to those who have lost their loves.  There is so much sadness.  Soft snooters and basset hugs to those who need them.

On a lighter note, I am a substitute teacher and I frequently talk about the girls with the kids.  I took some new pictures the other day to show.  Sometimes they say the funniest things.  When they saw Maggie's picture one of them asked what was wrong with her.  When I asked what he meant, he said that she had so many spots that she must have a sickness.  I laughed.  I told him they were naughty spots and she had a bad case of naughtiness.

I also told them that the girls had bones all over the floor and that I had stepped on one.  One of them asked if Maggie got upset with me.  They are pretty much all her bones.  I had to laugh then too.  I said no, that I got upset because it hurt my foot.  Somehow they couldn't imagine that a teacher would go barefoot.  I hate those bones.  She hides them all over and is very protective of them.  They all get one but somehow they all end up in Maggie's possession.

This weekend, Josh, the oldest kidslave was here for a short while.  I was out pulling weeds in the front yard.  He brought each dog out in the front one at a time.  Not one bolt, runaway or even trot down the sidewalk.  He can manage even Ninja who bolts every chance she gets.  They love coming out front.  It is the uncharted country to them.  Shelby is okay out front since she is so slow.  She is also mostly deaf or has very good selective hearing.  The others all like to run.  Not with Josh.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a lovely evening.  We have the back door open so it is like Grand Central in here.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby