[Dailydrool] Cute basset crap

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 12:20:57 PDT 2009

Does everyone know about etsy.com ? This is a website for advertising handmade crafts. I was browsing there this morning and typed "basset hound" into the search engine and came up with 18 pages of very cute basset crap. I am not sure how most of the rescues acquire the basset crap that they sell to benefit their organizations, but if one way is to buy the stuff first and then mark it up for resale, it's definitely worth a look on etsy. Or, if another way is to contact artists for donations, there are a number of talented people represented on Etsy. I see an oil there by the artist who painted a portrait for me of me and my hounds (artbyangie) and I know Angie sometimes does donation work for rescues.

On another note, the fabric portrait collage of Nigel, Llewis, Miss Angela, Brudder Elwood, and Elder Clara on Hound's Bay raised $175 for Michigan Basset Rescue. Thanks to these houndies for lending their countenances to such a worthy cause. Happy waddling to all who are strolling for homeless houndies in the near future. Val, Bo and Harley (and Lynx ATB)