[Dailydrool] Purina Pro Plan/Select

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:51:29 PDT 2009

Does anyone feed Purina Pro Plan Chicken Variety or the Purina Pro Plan
Select Chicken or Turkey variety? Just wondering about any feedback that can
be given by anyone that actually feeds it or has fed it and not by someone
who would not feed it because (this reason).  I read the labels. I see that
there is corn in them about 4  ingredients in.  One has a corn gluten. I did
read this.  I remember when the selects first came out and I believe that we
were sent the Turkey kind I believe. I think the bassets loved it. I cannot
feed lamb as it is too rich for some bellies here. Last time I put them on a
fish variety food, my eldest doxie's hair got think on top of his ears, (it
was Dick Van Patton something). He cannot have fish or lamb food.  Mazzie
can't have chicken so I just give her the purina one sensitive systems
because it is what works for her as any other food she will eat for about 2
months and then become really ill. Anyhow, please no food war, but just
feedback from those who can attest to shiny coats, hair loss, dogs loved it
or not. Thank you in advance. So sorry to everyone that has a houndy go off
to the bridge. I tend to email them off list. Congrats to all the new basset
slaves on adoptions and welcome to any new slaves to the drool.  I would
love to adopt the basset from Tennessee who is blind. Dad slave would have
me hung. He claims 4 dogs is enough. With the vet bills and food bills for 4
I guess he is right :(  If I won the lottery (would have to play though)
then I would definitely quit my job and be more involved in rescue again and
surround myself with more hounds.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver & Cooper