[Dailydrool] Charger and his foster-mom

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Tue May 19 17:00:00 PDT 2009

Hi Shelby!

Thank you for becoming a foster-mom to Charger!? I have 2 bassets of my own, and would love to foster more.? However, I can only have 2 dogs in my townhouse, and after fostering Fred for less than 24 hours before deciding to keep him, I think I'd soon be overrun with "foster failures."? It takes a special kind of person to foster, and the need is so great...thanks again!

My Annie barks when people come in the house, and will often sit on the couch and growl "under her breath."? However, if the person comes over and pets her, she's perfectly content to let them.? She was a puppy-mill rescue and is particularly afraid of men.? I think that she, like Charger, is growling and barking out of fear, not aggression.? I hope that as Charger learns to trust you, he will begin to feel less threatened by people in general.

Best of luck!

Rose, Annie and Fred