[Dailydrool] Rupert response - Dailydrool Digest, Vol 59, Issue 7

dcullrich at sbcglobal.net dcullrich at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 21 07:03:37 PDT 2009

My basset Suzi has the same breathing episodes.  I feel that it is an anxiety issue.  Sometimes this happens in the middle of the night and can last on and off for 1/2 hour or more.  I now take her onto the couch and she lays on top of me then she falls asleep.  Belly rubs seem to help the best.  My suggestion is calm him down and rub the belly.
As far as the skin - is it an area on the tail that Rupert can reach?  My Golden Retriever has chews on himself giving himself hot spots - it seems to be his anxiety issue.