[Dailydrool] Thank you everyone

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Fri May 22 16:09:36 PDT 2009

I brought Elwood's ashes home today and tonite we will have  a special
ceremony as he joins the others on  my mantle. I want to  echo Beth's
sentiments about what a wonderful, supportive, loving, caring and understanding
group this  in times of sadness. I received hundreds of emails,  snail mail
cards and even a book (thank you Sharon). I too, have printed  everything out
for Spanky, Sonny and now Elwood. Even though I wept while   reading posts,
cards and emails, it is cathartic to know that others appreciate  what one is
going through in the grieving process.
The house feels so empty with only two bassets. I was blessed for five
years with my "pack" and I still look for them in their  usual spots when I
walk through the house. In that time between sleep and awake most mornings,  I
 think I can hear  Sonny softly snoring on my left and feel Spanky  pressed
against my right side. Most mornings I wake up with  tears as I  realize
they are gone.
My wonderful vet sent me a card and she wrote that "Unfortunately we set
ourselves up for loss by having pets because their life span is so short-but
not having them in our lives is not an option. I think to myself that they
have a shorter life span so that we can love and take care of more of  them
 during the course of our own lives."
This is so true and tomorrow I will be welcoming a new basset into my life,
 a rescued female (look out Loki!) and will post about her later.
Kathy with Crackers and Loki both kissing away mommy's tears.
**************Stay connected and tighten your budget with a great mobile
device for under $50. Take a Peek!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100122638x1221845911x1201401556/aol?redir=http://www.getpeek.com/aol)