[Dailydrool] water bottles

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Sat May 23 13:26:00 PDT 2009

While we do not generally crate our houndage at home, they are crated on
the road, at shows, etc.  I firmly believe that they deserve access
to water at all times.  I also hate wet crate bedding.  Our
answer to the problem is to use buckets.  we use the 2 quart
stainless steel buckets, flat backed ones if available, and hang them from
the crate wires with a clip.  Hounds can have plenty of water but
have to try really hard to spill it.  We have had a couple of hounds
that manage some weird bucket behavior - Mr. Fuzzy (ATB) liked to store
his toys, especially rawhides, in the bottom of his water bucket resulting
in lots of drowned chickens and ducks and cows and some very soft and
soggy and easily chewable rawhides.  I've also had a few boys who
insist on stuffing the corners of their bedding into the bucket - this is
strictly a boy behavior.  Girls are too smart to get their beds that
wet.

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit these websites:
Rebec Bassets at
www.rebecbassets.com
Basset Buddies Rescue, Inc. at
www.bbrescue.org