[Dailydrool] Potatoes! I ask you.

Mary Wilson mewilson at shaw.ca
Sat May 23 21:05:14 PDT 2009

Paddi B Basset loves her veggies... carrots, cabbage, yams, turnip, tomato... but nothing is quite so toothsome in her view as the humble potato. We are planting potatoes this year, and we've been a bit slow to get them actually in the dirt.

You can probably see this coming... Imagine a basset, relaxing on her couch. Imagine her suddenly sitting up with the terrifying, "Hey! I've got a good idea!" expression that Droolers all know only too well. Imagine a quick dash out the back door, a determined sprint across the yard, a wiggle through the garden fence (don't ask) and the triumphant return to the house, potato firmly held between her teeth. Imagine this repeated 2-3 times a day. (Fear not, they are very small.) Nothing tastes better than a potato... unless it's a wild-caught potato that you found all on your own.

I think she thinks we've set up an al fresco buffet. Fortunately Vern does not care for potatoes.

Gardening is not for the faint of heart around here!

Mary
& Paddi B Basset
& Vernon Q Basset