[Dailydrool] Birfday Boy

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Sun May 24 14:31:32 PDT 2009

Well, tomorrow is Gallagher's first birthday.  We celebrated by taking the 3 dogs to their new vet yesterday.  His first gift was testing positive for Lyme.  Considering he was vaccinated for Lyme when we lived in CT well before moving to NC - this was a surprise.  So he's on antibiotics.  Cysco thought it would be fun if he tested positive for something - so he tested VERY positive for Anaplasma (or is it anaplasmosis).  He's being treated for more skin infections, so this treatment will be decided after some more minor surgery next Friday.  Of course at 13 1/2 any surgery is not minor.  Miss MacKenzie was of course, healthy, if not a bit on the hefty (oops, sorry sweetie) side.  I've been trying to find out more about this anaplasma - tick borne disease.  Anybody have some experience with it - especially for an old guy.