[Dailydrool] Cakie and Petunia are Desperate for Ramble Pledges

boardwaddle boardwaddle at comcast.net
Sun May 24 15:50:30 PDT 2009

It is us. Cakie and Petunia. We gotta go to the Ramble this weekend. We
would stay home and hang our heads in shame at the paltry pledges we have
raised, but we have volunteered to work. Yes, us work. The slaves have jobs
and we signed on to be Ambassetors. Which we think means that we have to
entertain the sponsor, Pet Watch which has veterinary hospitals. Hope they
are easy to entertain....we are new to corporate shmoozin but we are good at
getting petted.

Since we can't stay home and hide, we have, as promised, raided her stuff.
The good stuff. We took a picture off the wall that is a basset in a cowboy
hat surrounded by a lassoo and proudly holding a cookie. It was originally
Ramble art so we thought it was appropriate.....but if ya live in the west,
like the west or even thought about the west it would look good in your
house. Can't tell if it is original or a print, but Auntie Pam Tanzey signed
it herself.

http://www.dailydrool.com/cgi/dailydrool.cgi?category=homedecor&item=1243371013

Then we hit the kitchen table and took the metal basset that was in the
middle. This sillouette was originally a Michigan Basset Rescue centerpiece
that the slaves won as a prize. They were hand made a few years ago and are
very special. They look good in gardens, on the porch or as a decorator
thingy. All we know is that she likes it a lot and is gonna be miffed when
she sees it is gone.

http://www.dailydrool.com/cgi/dailydrool.cgi?category=homedecor&item=1243371473

Then we hit the closet.....uh oh, are we in trouble.  She slave never got to
wear this soft new jacket. Size XL - Navy blue with red piping at the color
and cuffs, it buttons in the front and has different breeds of doggies done
in applique along the front bottom. We just took it. She doesn't need it. We
say it is better used for the poor hounds of Brood.

http://www.dailydrool.com/cgi/dailydrool.cgi?category=clothing&item=1243372137

Lastly, we figure that she will NEVER be a size medium and doesn't need the
really pretty navy blue sweater that we stole, er, have posted to sell for
pledges. It is vintage, has an embroidered houndie on the front and (really
cute) "Love me...." on one sleeve and "Love my dog." on the other. Too cute.
Not as cute as us, but very cute. Don't tell her we too it cause she is
probably not going to notice it is gone since she is NOT a medium and bought
it in a fit of optimism.

http://www.dailydrool.com/cgi/dailydrool.cgi?category=clothing&item=1243377665

That's it! We hope these are things that your slaves need, cause we have
risked our paws and ears taking stuff........but we have begged, groveled,
woofled and it is the end of our spring waddle season and we gots no more
tricks up our wrinkles. We have Ramble jobs, the slaves have Ramble jobs and
she we just can't walk up to our own she slave with zip. So here's some
stuffs for the XL ladies, the medium ladies, to hang on the wall or to put
in the garden or on the table. Please bid.....fast. The pawctions end in two
days cause we gotta get ready to go to the RAMBLE!! Did we mention that last
year it was a mudbath and the houndies really need the moolah to try and
make up for the bad weather? That Nudgie (atb sob!) was almost a Brood guy?

...and just in case, we could use some STOMPIN......cause the field is
pretty much dirt and although they are saying pawtly cloudy for
Saturday....rain is predicted for Friday...we do not want our friends to
have muddy paws...so PLEASE. STOMP NO RAIN STOMP PET CAKIE STOMP PET PETUNIA
STOMP STOMP STOMP NO RAIN.

That's it, folks....

Cakie and Petunia (what have I gotten myself into? Mom makes me work!)
..and Rusty (need a WFI button? Nobody from Brood has bought one. Got three
left! $11 each.)