[Dailydrool] PW. Annabelle ATB 5/19/2009

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at hotmail.com
Sun May 24 16:38:09 PDT 2009

Pw. Annabelle Lee Campbell, 5/09/1999 to 5/19/2009.  It has taken me almost a week to be able to write this. Pw. Annabelle went to the Bridge last week.  Our wonderful vet came to the house, so she could be with us on her couch as she drifted away and all our Boyz could sniff her one last time.  Her Daddy is most distressed; she was always his baby girl. She adored her Daddy.  Me she loved, but more in the way one loves a faithful servant. :)

 I don't post that often on the Drool anymore, but I have been a member since 2000.  Most of you know me, if at all, from my posts to members whose bassets have contracted glaucoma.

We bought Annabelle from a BYB in July 1999, when she was 9 weeks old. She contracted glaucoma at the age of 16 months, and was completely blind before she was 2 years old.  My search online for help and advice led me to the blinddogs.com website, where Jeanne West, mom to the late and lovely Pw. Cleo, directed me to the Drool.  Being on the Drool led me to become aware of rescue, which led me to joinh BHRG. She was given to us for a purpose, I believe. Because of Annabelle's glaucoma, she and I helped dozens of bassets and other dawgs, and their worried owners, adjust to living with blindness over the years.  I also became a Board member of BHRG, then later OMBR here in Arkansas, and helped lots of basset in that way as well.

Annabelle was given the official title of PW. by Forever Queen FeyFey herself, back in late 2002.  I have saved that announcement all these years, I was so proud of it (Annabelle, of course, accepted it as no more than her due, and about time, too!  LOL)  Here is Fey's announcement in full- her slave training as mentioned here continued all her life; she was as regal and demanding on her last day as on the first day we brought her home.  Godspeed, little girl.

--------------------------------
Fey woofs happily-

My wifdrawal compelled some time to catch up on the hard work of being
feyfey...the social season, a bit of fundraising and many too many
talks with Mama Tootsie. I have neglected the pleasant work of noting
the accomplishments of my PIT's who has displayed exemplary talents
that have come to the attention of the girls. (Who actually contemplate
such issues.) Some may elect to assume titles. Tis not the same as
proving one's extraordinary bassetude talents over time and earning the
admiration of one's pack. Pwincess Annabelle has done so. Pwease join
me in noting that she is among the Pwincesses who can't see. She has
bootifully melded the talents of slave twaining with service to her
fellow challenged four footers.

One of the Pw's casting paws up can not see. She sniffed out the innate
talents of Pwincess Annabelle and directed her to the Drool some time
ago. She finds the Pwincess Annabelle as follows,  "Paws up in my
book.  She has been diligent in twaining her slaves to be attentive to
all her needs. She has taken wonderfully over the task of helping
slaves adjust to vision loss, she needs a special pwincess title to
address her very wonderful skills.    With ****** around maybe we
should upgrade to Goddess."  Pawsonally, I don't think we can do,
"Goddess," but it isn't a half bad idea for Pwincess Annabelle.

Another of the Pws' notes:

"Moi has been following the fine work of Annabelle for sometime now.  She

has slave well-trained, has become keen to the issues which concern and

offers fine community service.  There is always a need to demonstrate gwace

under Pwezzure; the hallmark of a twue pwincess is one who can and does

will style and finesse.  Annabelle gets 4 paws up from here.  But I am sure

the visually-challenged among us understands better than all.

Besides I think the Pwincesses with Disabilities Act, if not already the

law of the land, should be so, at the earliest pawsible time.  It takes a

special something extra...I think they call it 'class'.  So should we.

Annabelle is a class act and a Pwincess in my book"

Another Pw, puts is succinctly, "Our braille expert pwincess is best suited."

What can old feyfey say? Pwincess Annabelle it shall be and is. Tis about time!! Aroooos to her!!

For the girls,

feyfey

Menzie Campbell - REPLY TO menziecampbell at GMAIL.com
owned by Annabelle ATB, Hector, Barney and Bozlee
Save a Life - Don't Shop, Adopt! (a Basset!)
http://www.ombr.org