[Dailydrool] My Girls Were Scared at the Pawade Too

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Mon May 25 11:06:09 PDT 2009

Our Elsinore doesn't enjoy the parade part of any waddle weekend.
While she's fine with the two or three fire engines that scream past
the house several times a week, she doesn't care for large packs of
emergency vehicles all moving very slowly and all with their sirens
going in a parade. (I don't much care for them either.) She also
fears marching bands, which has me wondering if she's really my dog
after all because there's nothing I like more than a good marching
band. But the approach of a marching band is guaranteed to make
Elsinore tuck tail and try to run in the opposite direction.

We've gotten to the point with her that we don't include the parade
in our waddle weekend plans. We'll have fun at the pizza parties and
the day-long picnic, but we stay away from the parades now. If
Elsinore's going to be miserable in a parade, then we're not going to
have much fun either. Might as well start packing up and heading home
instead.

Elizabeth