[Dailydrool] buster & mr cooper liven up a bbq

lemalois at verizon.net lemalois at verizon.net
Mon May 25 20:09:24 PDT 2009

well...we got invited to a small picnic with some friends from our local doggie park.   they know the boys and all their quirks so i figured we would be okay.

it started off pretty good.  i'm sitting and chatting and all it good.  now picture this...it's in a huge fenced in back yard...with a hill in the middle of it...at the bottom of the hill is a fenced off gated deck.  pool isn't opened yet and still has a cover on it (acutally wasn't opened last year either).

all of a sudden i notice buster poking his head between two of the fence railings and sliding thru.  now he is prancing along on the deck.  before i can get to him he starts walking on the pool cover.  then he is thru the pool cover and in the water.  and he is swimming.  swimming swimming swimming.  i am running running running.  yelling yelling yelling.  so is my friend.  buster is looking at us like we are fools and he is a lab.  he calmly goes over to the other side of the pool and hauls himself out like he is michael phellps and walks around the deck and goes out thru the spot he slid thru to get in.

soon some more people arrive...everyone is getting ready to sit and eat...and guess what...mr cooper who has been pretty quiet through out the whole event decided it is a good time to come out with a "prize"  he must have thought it was a "BYO" party...his selection:   a dead crow...really dead crow (and not the band)...so...he starts running around with his selection in his mouth and all the dogs following him...going ..."uummmm yummy!!!"   all the people going "drop it coop!!!" or "lois he's right next to me and i'm not touching it!"  and guess what?

who do you think decided at that moment decides he needs another swim?  yup...swamp thing buster boy.  so i am torn...do i chase cooper with the dead crow hanging out of his mouth and a herd of dogs chasing him?  or buster who is trying for his 2nd medal in the swimming olympics????

got buster out of the pool, (with language that would cause a sailor to blush hope the neighbors don't have impressionable kids), got coop to drop his feast) went inside to scour my hands with bleach and whatever friend had under her sink and then tried to breath thru noxious cloud surround my dogs and hands.

so.. buster spent the rest of the evening dividing his time between trying to score food and swimming.  at one point i told my frinds you watch he will convince one other dog to sneak thru the fence and go on the deck and take the hit for him so he can distract us and he can get the food.  no more than 4 minutes later it happened.

yes my boys are special.  i am sure my friends neighbors think we all consumed an incredible amount of alcohol but really it was all diet soda.  who knew buster liked to swim   damn fool dog.

between coop's crow breath & buster's swamp thing coat they were a bit funky smelling.  he did however get a quick bath before we left there...which he enjoys...again...damn fool dog!

got a party?  need entertainment?  invite us.
lois & buster brown brown basset hound & mr cooper the bassetter

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Bertrand Russell