[Dailydrool] Marley the Itchy

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu May 28 18:55:42 PDT 2009

We have Marley the itchy back.  She is back with a vengance.  Her tail is devoid of about 25% of its hair.  There are other spots she won't let us get near.

I took her back to the town vet yesterday because I didn't want her to suffer and she was her usual pippy self.  When we got there it was raining along the lines of a monsoon.  As I got out and tried to pull her out she backed out of her leash and got in the back seat to hide.  Does not like the rain.  I got my sopping self back in the car, tightened the collar a little and put it back on.  Then got back out to get wetter and try to pull her out of the back seat.  This time she came out but did not want to go in .

We got in and sat down.  This dog who hates rain, thunder and stormy stuff goes right up to a 200 pound Rottie and kisses him on the nose.  Has no idea that she could be dinner if he so wanted.  Then it thunders and she gets under my chair and pokes her little nose out.  She is a pip.

She wouldn't get on the scale willingly so the assistant just scooped her up and put her on while she is doing her jaws immination.  The girl just set her down and told her she loved her too.  Marley shut up.  She is very vocal in her displeasure but also a wussette.  She has gained another pound.  After I cut the food ration in half.  May test the thyroid too if she doesn't slow down.

The vet still doesn't know what this is.  Looks like last time so we get another shot, a short course of prednisone and two weeks of antibiotics.  Let the pill patooeying begin. She is no match for Sunny in rejecting pills but she has been known to leave them for me to find days later.

She is not speaking to me currently.  She is mad about the shot and the pills and the car ride and the rain and the thunder and anything else she can think of.  She has stayed on or under the bed playing Troll most of the day.

If this happens again we need to consider allergy testing.  There seems to be no buggy cause and the others have not had anything like this.  I am cooking chicken and rice to see if a bland version of food will help.  No one is eating well right now and I don't know why.  Maybe they are bort, bort, bort.

The rest of the crew is doing well.  I think.  No one is eating with gusto which will be worrisome if it continues.  I hope they will eat the chicken and rice.  I just want my babies to be happy and healthy.

Enough of my babbling.  All if the houndage is in here sleeping.  The boyslaves are at work and the Mom is having a nice quiet evening.

Snooter kisses and drool to any in need.

Julie with Ninja-Mommy leaved me home last night and i howed and howed and howed.  She was goed away foreber.

Marley-Mommy tooked me to the pwace what stabbs innocent gurlies in da butt.  Done eber wanna go bak.

Maggie-I a jellus gurl allda times.  Mommy needs to pet memememememe all da times.

Shelby-I needs a bewy rub.  I needs chickie. I needs to be qween ob da door.  I jus needs ta be qween.