[Dailydrool] Senior Basset in Need and Other Dogs Too

Marilyn mjsergent at comcast.net
Thu May 28 19:36:09 PDT 2009

We are in a bad crisis situation at the Grant County Animal Shelter right
now and am hoping any of your connections might be able to help.  Our
shelter is staffed primarily by inmates from the local jail. Today, the jail
pulled all the inmates and cancelled the work program due to concerns that
some inmates weren't complying with the program rules. This has left our
shelter with no one to care for our dogs and cats, no one to answer the
phone, no one to handle adoptions. Our shelter's annual budget is just
$108,000, which includes the salaries for the shelter director and one
part-time employee (who, unfortunately is an elderly gentleman who does
nothing except supervise the inmates- he has no animal care responsibilities
and would have a clue what to do), all food, vaccines, supplies, and
utilities--$108,000 for everything! So now we are trying to get rid of as
many dogs and cats as we can in order to scale back the daily work that we
have, at least temporarily. Otherwise, we may have to euthanize some dogs-
something we haven't had to do since April 2008. So I am contacting you to
see if your rescue might have a spot for Doris (a senior Basset)and/or any
of our other dogs.  We have about 150 dogs right now- most are on our
website. Any help you can provide would be so greatly appreciated right now.
Please see the link to the shelter and Doris the Senior Basset below.

Thank you!
Shannon
513-377-2884

Grant County Animal Shelter ... 218 Barnes Road, Williamstown, KY 41097 ...
859-824-9403 ... www.grantcountyanimalshelter.petfinder.org
Adopt a shelter dog or cat today!!!

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13787652