[Dailydrool] Flea Stuff

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Fri May 29 15:45:29 PDT 2009

Ok please note that the article refers to Bio-Spot and other OVER THE
COUNTER TREATMENTS!!!
I cannot tell you how many people have had problems with Hartz Mntn products
and Bio=spot. (The big thing seems to be people using dog products on cats
and having the cats nearly die. READ THE LABELS.)

These are not the same as Frontline altho I am not convinced that Cooper did
not have a skin reaction to Frontline last year.Maybe he had a cut where I
applied it or maybe it was, as both Vets concurred, coincidental that he got
the only hot spot he has EVER had right where I put the Frontline.
But OTC products are always risky when you are talking about chemicals on
your dogs and/or in their systems.

I know I have a rep for always going to the Vet, but this is a case in which
I think it is good to do. I have been given good instructions for saving
tons of money by using Ivermectin on the dogs and I know breeders who do
this but I just can't. I have to stick with what has history and has been
used for a few years at least without major mishap. Some dogs may have
problems with Frontline, but most do not, and it is a lot nicer than testing
and treating your best friend for tick disease, or discovering everyone in
thehouse has fleas (and most of us have more than one.)

MomPerson who uses Frontline religiously and has not had fleas or ticks.