[Dailydrool] Leaving the dogs while on vacation

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Fri May 29 16:30:18 PDT 2009

Hi Elizabeth,

I can totally relate to how difficult it is for you to leave your dogs for 3 weeks.? I left Fred and Annie for 4 days/3 nights over Memorial Day weekend.? Since I got them about 2 years ago, I'd only ever left them for one night twice, and one of those times, my dad came to the house to stay with them.? 3 nights seemed like an eternity!? I went up to Massachusetts to visit my best friend, whom I hadn't seen in 2 years.? I was so excited to go, but so sad in the days leading up to my trip.? My biggest fear was that Fred and Annie would think that I had left them and wasn't going to come back.? When I dropped them off at their Doggie Daycare, Fred was so excited, and Annie didn't want to go (as usual.)? I had to just drop them off and leave quickly, and pretend that I would be back later in the day (for me, not for them!)? I called over the weekend and was told that they were doing great...playing with their friends, sleeping next to each other on a big pillow on the floor at night, etc.? It made me feel better, but I missed them SO MUCH!? When I got there to pick them up, they were both outside on the deck.? The owner said, "Fred, look who's here!"? He looked at me like he'd never seen me before...gee, thanks!!? Once I said his name though, he jumped up and Annie came running too!? Of course, Fred didn't eat great for a couple of days after, but since I boiled him some chicken, he's been miraculously "cured"...

Now that I've left them once, I think it'll be a little easier to do again.? But vacations will never be the same now, because part of me will always be anxious to get back home!

Rose, Fred (camp was fun, but I'm glad to be home) and Annie (Fred, couldn't you have played sick a little longer?? That chicken was good!)