[Dailydrool] Drool Needed for Sad Old Girl

SUSAN INTESSIMONE froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Fri May 29 16:50:06 PDT 2009

Bluegrass Basset Rescue was called about an old basset girl abandoned when her owners sold their home and left her behind for the new owners--who don't want her.  She's at least 12 yrs old and has never seen a vet.  She seems to have pretty bad arthritis--or an old injury from being hit by a car--but she is very sweet.  Probably  heartworm positive.  Will know more when she goes to the vet.  She's getting a bath right now--we THINK she's a lemon and white, although she looks like a lemon and brown right now with terribly long nails.  She is bunking with our foster home in Nashville right now, a lady who feels the old girl may not be long for this world but really deserves someone to love on her and treat her like a queen for her remaining days.  Her former name was Bowlie--I think she needs something a bit more dignified.  Please send drool that we do the right thing for her.

For the first time in 2.5 years, we have just three dogs here and we own all of them.  No fosters!!!  We are headed to Florida on vacation next week; everybody has  a slot reserved at the Pet Lodge here in town.  Hmmm...am I really going to be able to relax for once?!

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets
Murphy, Jeremiah and Twinkie
www.bluegrassbassetrescue.org