[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's diet update

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Sun May 31 10:08:15 PDT 2009

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

First, let me say that I have been severely upbraided for sharing Miss Angela's battles with her bulges with the entire Drool.  While her diva-ship is eager for me to keep her name before her public, she feels that her "alleged" weight struggles are nobody's business but ours.

That said, we are very grateful for all the emails and posts which offered support, advice and protestations.  The responses have generally fallen into three categories:

1) Outcries from who do not agree that Miss Angela is in any need of dietary or exercise change.  She especially appreciates the ones that think that she is perfect just the way she is.  While she might admit that she is a little on the comfortably upholstered side, she certainly will not disagree with those who compliment her on her present appearances.  She has also enjoyed hearing from those upon whom strict eating and workout regimes have been imposed.  While she still cannot think of herself as a fattie, she has learned to express great sympathy for those who are so designated.  (Sincerity is important.  Once you learn to fake that, the rest is easy.)

2) Sincere advice on how to change the diet, decrease food consumption or enjoy eating less.  I am afraid that I cannot repeat Miss Angela's response to this type of message.  She is in no mood to hear this.  She is being forced to eat a prescription diet which seems to be as devoid of enjoyment as it is of calories.  I have been told Dr. Cathy to feed her only twice a day and leave the food out for only twenty minutes.  The literature she gave me tells me to break up her food into three or four small meals spread out through the day.  Miss Angela expects her food to be available whenever she is in the mood to eat.
Even this way, she is eating less than the vet says she can have.   In July, however, when I go to Bali, she will be staying in  a two dog household where feeding time is twice a day and any remains are put away.

3) The third (and to Miss Angela's way of thinking the most obnoxious) type of message consists of acting advice, ways to look pitiful and starving and thus induce me to feed her more and different food.   While such acting goes on, Angie takes great exception to the idea that she has anything to learn about acting.   After all, she taught the class in Bassetude 101 here on the Drool and she is far to proud for coaching from her fans.  She gets into a snit and
there is just no mollifying her.

We will probably drop by the vet's office for a weight update and let Miss Angela play at Doggy Day Care.  It will be good to see if she has lost any poundage.  We did do a walk this morning (1 3/4 miles) and, though the building heat is making us go earlier in the day, we will continue to get out to the park daily.  Sometimes, however, Angela refuses and does flat basset even before we get out of the house.

Bill (now, I have to limit my own eating and up the exercise, too)
Angela (are you leaking personal info on me again?)