[Dailydrool] Pro-biotics?

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 7 12:22:17 PST 2009

Does anyone use pro-biotics? Our vet is recommending that we try these after Bo gets off his week of antibiotics for another flare-up of colitis. Bo has been very healthy since his last attack, eating Hill's W/D dog food (high fiber/low fat), which he loves and to which he has had no bad reactions. I thought this would be the permanent solution to the problem, but, apparently in reaction to an insect bite or sting (large red lump that looked like a sting and which swelled up and then down in a day), Bo's immune system kicked the colitis back into effect (or that's our vet's speculation) so we are back in treatment mode again (Metro--whatever the rest of the name is).  We need to wait until after the "anti" biotics are done before considering "pro" biotics. Will pro-biotics strengthen Bo's immune system? I'd be interested in hearing advice from other Droolers. Thanks, Val