[Dailydrool] whimpering

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 20 13:43:52 PST 2009

The only time I have heard a Basset whimpering is when
Miss Becky had intusseption which I had never heard of before.
 One night after a good excerise run at age 2 she got sick to tummy
and then was whimpering at 3 a,n, and
could not sit still for l/2 a minute..  I was going to give her
pepsobismal but instead went to her current vet. The recep
said she couldn't see her no space so I stayed and when she
came in she took her right away and she diagnosed it immediately.
I started crying and said I couldn't live without her - it just came
out.
Well she had surgery by this vet cuz her intestine had telescoped which
is not good   cuz food gets to body that way and if certain areas
are cut it inteferes with food absorption.  She had to cut it
out and sew together and other vet said it was a painstaking sewing job.
Well she was in hospital for about a week and when she came
home she was passing blood so was on baby food. The other
vet said don't walk her cuz if she was a human she would still
be in the hospital. That vet Dr Bass is  in B.C now.
Keeping her quiet was very hard but she did survivie. From that
day on I waited for it to come back but it didn't. Instead pancreatitis,.
She lived to 15 4 mo and 2 days.
So this is to help other basset owners. She never whimpered
again............... bark, flat basset, faking, stealing bugging the
old Airedale -  all the rest tho
Georgie and Miss Becky ATB