[Dailydrool] Busy week

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Fri Nov 20 13:29:45 PST 2009

This has been a busy week for Western Missouri Basset Rescue, Inc. wow I have been busier this week than when I was working. I get calls all day long from people wanting to give up bassets and Basset wannabes. We got five owner surrenders in the past week. Two buppies 6 months old. Both very sweet. One got adopted by our vet already!! WOOHOO!!!
I have two boys who needed their canines pulled, several visits for heartworm tests and shots, a spay and a nueter, Check ups, a recheck and second surgery on one who had to have the roof of his mouth fixed.  I have been back and forth to the vet so many times this week I think I have used a half a tank of gas and he is two miles away!! Some days I am there three and four times in one day shuffling dogs around like they were cards!! It has been good that I had the extra time to do this but bad that I am out of work and the vet bills accumulated are adding up to over $500.00 And I still have another spay to schedule next week.  If anyone can help us we would appreciate it! Thanks!!     wmbri.org