[Dailydrool] Arnica

Linda H dirtherm2 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 17:45:31 PST 2009

I looked this up, and found that you do NOT want to give this internally. It is a good antiinflamatory for external use only. Here is what I found:

"Arnica (Arnica montana) has
been used for medicinal purposes since the 1500s and remains popular
today. Applied topically as a cream, ointment, liniment, salve, or
tincture, Europeans and Native Americans have used arnica to soothe
muscle aches, reduce inflammation, and heal wounds. It is often the
first remedy used for injuries such as sprains and bruises. Arnica in
herbal form is primarily restricted to topical (external) use because
it can cause serious side effects when taken internally. Arnica is
often used in homeopathy, and should be taken internally only in the
extremely diluted form common to homeopathic remedies."

This is from the University of Maryland Medical Center.

Linda and Dewey