[Dailydrool] Calendar Day

Ross Houndage mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 1 17:11:36 PST 2009

Today is Bud's calendar day. He missed last year, so I gave him his own day
this year. He posed for that photo shoot about a year and a half ago - it
was a hot summer day and he was sleeping under the ceiling fan. He's 12 1/2
now but going strong. He's adjusted pretty well to the rental house, but
with the high ceilings and hard wood/tile floors there are lots of echos and
sometimes he has a hard time getting his sense of direction. He does much
better out in the yard.

I went house hunting yesterday and looked at about 10 places. My favorite
(not to buy!) was the 70's chalet style house with the original kitchen,
orange pebble linoleum, wood paneling, and red shag carpet. I think it's
where Jerry Garcia went to die. All it needed were beads hanging in the
doorway and a Volkswagon bus outside in the drive. I did find a house that I
think will work well for us, to fingers are crossed that no one buys it in
the next month or so before I can get a paycheck or two and preapproved for
the mortgage to put an offer in. There is a renter there, so he would have
60 days notice to move, meaning we wouldn't likely move until Feb sometime.
WIth luck, only a few months and we will be in our OWN place though!! This
house is on 7 acres and backs on state land, so nice and quiet and plenty of
room for the dogs.

Drool to all - Kirby the Saint shared my birthday on 10/30, so we are still
passing out pieces of carrot cake and getting some nice drool going for all
in need. I'm still hit and miss on reading - 12 hr days now that I'm back in
the OR and trying to get settled in the house, etc, but I'm doing my best to
follow along.

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud (today is my big day!!), Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl, Peaches
Ace & Kirby (I'm 3 years old now)