[Dailydrool] scaredy basset pup

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Mon Nov 2 06:31:06 PST 2009

I would suspect this terrified puppy is a victim of poor breeding
compounded by poor early socialization rather than abuse.
Genetically incorrect temperaments can be a bear to try to fix.  I
would begin by being sure the puppy has access to his crate 24/7 so he has
a safe haven.  Then I would try the pheromone products - the DAP
collar or the plug-in.  This mimics smellls of mamma and can help
alleviate stress.  Don't pushhim to be social but calmly reward any
social steps he might make.  This will be a long and difficult
road.

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit these websites:
Rebec Bassets at
www.rebecbassets.com
Basset Buddies Rescue, Inc. at
www.bbrescue.org