[Dailydrool] More Drool for Bel

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Nov 2 11:10:16 PST 2009

Today I heard back from the vet. Bel's cytology was inconclusive. We brought
him back to the vet, who does not think the infection has gone down all that
much (I think otherwise, but it may just be hopeful thinking). The vet
started by recommending a biopsy.

The problem is, even if we go for the pricey biopsy, if it shows up as
cancer, we probably cannot afford to pay for an oncologist. Add to that the
fact that our vet says even if they did surgery, they are unlikely to get
everything. He is going to talk to a patholigist for us and see what he will
advise.

I wonder if any other droolers have been in this situation and have advice
for us. Bel is 13, and though he is my very special heart dog, I do not want
to put him through a lot of unnecessary pain. But I also do not want to give
up too soon. With Drew being unemployed, we are really in a bind here. Wise
advice and information would be welcome.

Please continue the Drool for my most wonderful boy.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets