[Dailydrool] Oregon Basset Rescue fundraiser

Kathleen Jones klj at efn.org
Mon Nov 2 20:12:05 PST 2009

Drat. I tried reading the FAQs on that webpage.  There may be reasons
turn-out isn't terrific.   I still can't figure out how to post to it,
despite help from thoughtful Droolers, but I'm less than thrilled with  the
site's privacy policy. The parent company's main business is web beacons &
data mining.  My guess is how they're able to pay $$ is that they're selling
the info.   That's the only hitch; it just depends what you're comfortable
with.   I like to leave tracking to the hounds

I'm more comfortable with Goodsearch & the like. Somehow a site knowing that
I searched for "liver brownie recipes" doesn't make me as antsy as posting
where I shop, eat, get my car fixed, my dog washed, etc...  It could be a
problem if anyone has privacy/safety issues.  Or maybe I'm paranoid, or just
too old for the Facebook, Twitter style of the Web.:-).  Internet Privacy is
probably an oxymoron anyway, & it IS for a good cause.  Just FYI.

 I'm all for helping rescue, but I wish there were fewer hoops to jump
through.  We all know Bassets aren't built for hoop-jumping.

http://www.insiderpages.com/legal/privacy

Hugs to hounds!

Kathleen &
a even more confused Maestro (Cookies? There's something WRONG with
cookies????)