[Dailydrool] Bill has been bad

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Tue Nov 3 08:14:42 PST 2009

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela has put a sharply worded reprimand in my personnel file for my failure to keep her name out there to her public.  And I must agree.  I have been sadly remiss in my efforts.  I have been traveling and Miss Angela, while certainly not being ignored or neglected, has not been properly represented in the media.The third week in September, as I have for thirty five years, I spent camping at the Walnut Valley Festival in Winfield KS.  While I was picking, singing, camping and eating, Miss Angela went to visit her Uncle Chris where she was humiliated to become the gamma dog, behind Lucille the alpha doberman and Ella the bipolar dalmation.  They did go to the park every day to run and explore.  Angie does love a new park to explore. And she hates to hear me and my friends play and sing.

The first weekend in October, Chris and I went to Tampa to see the last Yankee games of the regular season and eat copious quantities of seafood.  This time Angela had to go to "sleepaway camp"  where she had to sleep in a medium dog run but got to go out during the day to try to organize amateur theatricals among the general population at doggy day care.  She pronounces them to be hopeless.  Many days, she was hoarse by evening from her directorial attempts.

The second week in October, Bill joined some friends in Pagosa Springs CO for a week at a timeshare in the mountains.  Angela returned to Uncle Chris'
house where she was able to establish herself a position on the big couch
(as long as Lucille didn't want it) and she got more time to play in the big park.
Uncle Chris says that she fit into the routine easily but had periods of prolonged whining.

Now life has returned to normal at Casa di Diva.  The beautiful fall colors came and long walks in our local park became longer and more enjoyable.
With the fading of the summer heat, Miss Angela is much livelier and is much easier to convince that she needs exercise.  The one thing Miss Angela DOES NOT LIKE about this autumn is the World Series.  Her devoted press agent gets all wrapped up in the progress of his beloved Yankees, drinks the nasty brown liquid and screams at the TV screen, making napping difficult for Angie.  At least he gives his banjo (and everyone in the immediate vicinity) a break for a while.

Given this schedule, Miss Angela has continued to lose weight through more exercise and nasty diet food.  While it is forbidden to disclose her exact weight,  it is possible, for publication, to report that she has lost over 12% of her bulk.  Dr. Cathy is pleased with the progress but says she should stay on the diet food for a little while longer.  At $2 or more per can, one can speculate that she would like to maintain this regimen for quite a bit longer.  Bill has, however, promised that this case of canned food and sack of dry food will the last and that we can return to food that tastes good soon.  Even though Bill always says that one shouldn't cater to the taste of a creature that uses her tongue for toilet paper, still he misses the excitement of feeding time when she has tasty food to enjoy.

We have been saddened by all the hounds that have been going to the bridge, especially Bazil D. Basset, our fellow Jayhawk basketball fan.  We send a sunami of healing drool to Marsha and all those who are grieving.
To those who are sick, we also send best wishes for a quick recovery.  And to Brudder Elwood, we say  "Quit whining, you wimp."

And, of course, we are looking forward to the upcoming Howliday season.  Miss Angela has put the Nude Crew on notice that we are soon going to have to take our Howliday card picture.  Bill has his Santa suit ready to go for pictures at Doggy Day Care's annual pet picture with Santa event.  Ah, the social whirl will soon start.  Many demands on a Diva's time.

Bill (GOOOO YANKEES)
Anglea (Real food?  When?  Where)