[Dailydrool] Maggie in Indiana

Melissa mibassetrescue at att.net
Wed Nov 4 08:21:11 PST 2009

We recieved this email from someone in Warsaw Indiana looking for a rescue
group to save young Maggie:

I am contacting you on behalf of a 91-year-old lady who lives in an
apartment next door to a man who bought a female basset hound for $500
nearly 2 years ago.  About a month ago, the landlord made this man surrender
Maggie to the animal shelter, because this man had never trained her to be
house-broken.  Yesterday afternoon, she was returned to the shelter by the
person who had adopted her, claiming she was not manageable (probably
meaning she is not house-broken).  This 91-year-old lady has 3 rescued cats
in her apartment, and I have 23 individually rescued cats in my house.  We
are not able to save Maggie by adopting her.  We are afraid the shelter will
put her down, since she has been returned.  Can you save Maggie?  Thanks.

We instructed her to contact GABR as they do rescue in Indiana. Then we got
this response:

Carol Boudreau of Guardian Angel Basset Rescue emailed the following:
Unfortunately we are full and are not accepting any hounds for at least a
couple of weeks.  Please try another rescue."

SO: Can anyone out there help Maggie? We just got a female from an Anderson,
Indiana shelter last weekend.

 Thanks
Melissa

PS- Is there anyone in Michigan willing to foster a bonded 5 year old-ish
pair? We don't want to separate them.

Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets
http://www.michiganbassetrescue.org