[Dailydrool] breeder give ups

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Wed Nov 4 14:14:14 PST 2009

we have been trying to reduce the dogs from a breeder right down the street from the director's home. he is not selling his pups so he was giving them away.. and of course a couple of months later, we are seeeing 4-5 month olds all over needing rescue. he is breeding a dog with a deformity. (DUH)... and some of them are so unsocialized. WABR took a couple (the girls were all under 30 pounds and almost babies themselves).
So we were there picking up another adult out of the breeding cycle and there is one returned from the pet store becuase of an overbite. he started to get the shovel out... horrible thoughts ran through her mind and she said she would take the dog.. and then he says Merry Christmas.. like he just gave us $1000. The director could take it no more.. She told him that rehoming such a dog, takes a lot more than the adoption dollars.. and this wasnt about money to us..

we can only hope to save as many as we can from this life.. and the babies that come from irresponsible breeding.

this one will have a happy ending..