[Dailydrool] Hal's surgery update

Vikki Kiehl vkiehl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 15:42:32 PST 2009

Hal's surgery went very well.  They pulled a really small seed or sliver
from the last layer of his cornea.  If it'd been in longer it would've gone
into the back of the eye & probably caused permanent damage.  They did a
corneal graft with conjunctival tissue.  She really did an amazing job.  Dr
said has a 98% chance of full recovery with no further problems.  He's being
REALLY vocal right now.  Anesthesia will do that.  He has a cone on & is
completely "broken".  Tonight will be the worst, so am making sure the
coffee pot is ready, I may need it.  He has a recheck on the 12th.
I plan on framing that pesky little sliver.  It cost me almost $1500.  I'm
gonna show it to my entire family & say "Merry xmas!"
Thank you to EVERYONE for your thoughts, well wishes & the drool!  I & Hal
appreciate it.
I best go, he's struggling a bit & I don't want him to freak... again.
hugs & drool to those in need
vikki
spencer, sara sue, hal e bear <whine whine whine whine>
sebastian atb, natasha atb