[Dailydrool] Wrinkles & Waddles now Maggie Mae & Willie B Good, been here from just about the beginning

Cathy Burlew cburlew at rochester.rr.com
Thu Nov 5 05:19:25 PST 2009

Hi!

Joined the Drool Jan., after the Drool began.  I had gotten my first computer and Wrinkles was about 3 months old.  Nancy helped me start my adventure with basset hounds.  About my first really scary adventure was when Wrinkles fell in the creek when he was five months old.  We had ducks, chickens, geese and a goat.  Wrinkles loved to run with the goat and must have slipped on ice into the creek.

I could not get him out, so I had to run back to the house and call the state police to help me, as the firemen said they could not help.  I was so scared, I would not have Wrinkles again.  But my Wrinkles was a strong boy and held onto that ice with his claws.  I got the long ladder down to the creek, and the trooper used it to save Wrinkles.

I have shed tears and almost wet my pants with laughter, reading the adventures of the bassets on the Drool.  My Waddles is also gone to the Rainbow Bridge with her Wrinkles.  But W Maggie Mae came from Georgia by way of ABC Basset Rescue to join Willie B Good WB to continue my basset adventures.

The friends I have made on the Drool are very special to me.  Happy Drooling to all, let the adventures and friendships continue.

Cathy B NY
W Maggie Mae
Willie B Good
Waddles ATB and Wrinkles ATB, but never forgotten