[Dailydrool] So behind...

Brandie Allen hnddg221 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 07:40:25 PST 2009

Hello all...I am so behind in my drools, like months behind, but I will get caught up:)  Want to send out healing drool to all that may need it and hound hugs for anyone who may have lost their furbaby!

It's been an exciting and hectic time in the household and I just wanted to stop and brag about my 3 wonderful hounds...

On Sept. 14th I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, named Kaya Madison.  I was very nervous about how the hounds were going to react, mostly Rusty as he can be somewhat aggresive at times.  Welllllll....Rusty has been an angel, he is in awe of his 2 legged sister and just smells her from time to time, but really is just excited that he can sit in my lap again.  He is very gentle when getting on the couch if he knows one of us is holding her, unlike before when he would hurtle all 85lbs on to you!  Mugzy was a little depressed when Kaya came home, but I have made sure we get plenty of just Mommy and Mugzy time and he seems to enjoy the extra attention, when Kaya is napping, Mugzy and I crawl into bed together and cuddle, just the 2 of us!!!  So the new guy Stewie, his 1 year Gotcha Day was Tuesday 11/3...Happy Gotcha Day sweet Stewie!!!  We had an issue the first day Kaya came home, my mom in law reached for the baby and he snapped at her hand...I
 was shocked, I never would have imagined it would have been him, but as I look back, it makes sense.  So we have corrected the behaviour and no more problems.  He does guard the baby when someone new comes over, but once I tell him it's ok, he walks away, which I am ok with this behaviour, at least I know he will put up a fight to protect his baby sister.

So that is my news, just had to brag, I am so proud of my boys!!!!

Lots of houndie hugs!

Brandie
owned and operated by
Mugzy, Rusty and Stewie