[Dailydrool] Out of Africa Bassets

Karen bassett8 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 07:43:54 PST 2009

The Out of Africa Bassets joined the drool in about April 2000 when I
bought my first Houndie Coco, Piper joined our family in early 2001
and Whisky in 2004, the only rescue is Whisky as Basset Hounds are not
very common in South Africa an he was rescued from my neighbours who
bought him thinking that a Basset was the ideal dog for a retired
couple in their late 60's and early 70's and soon found out that they
had made a huge mistake, so Whisky joined the Out of Africa Bassets
and became Momslaves velcro dog.  So we have been with our precious
Drool family for a long, long time and have seen all of the happiness
and sadness that goes with being a part of this wonderful family.
When our Dadslave made his untimely exit to the bridge in January of
this year our Drool family were there for us in a big way and we want
to say THANK YOU to all of you for being there through the good times
and the bad.  We don't post often, but when there is good news we
rejoice with you and I can't tell you how many times we have cried
with you when one of your precious babies has departed for the bridge
or when one of the slaves is ill or goes to the bridge.  The Drool is
a wonderful extended family and we appreciate each and every one of
you.
Drool to all in need
Coco, Piper and Whisky with Momslave Karen and Dadslave Andrew (ATB)