[Dailydrool] Party like it's 1999

Reenie Grant rcgrant at rochester.rr.com
Thu Nov 5 08:54:55 PST 2009

Cathi, we were here before 1999.  We found the DD after we had gotten our
first two girls, Daisy and Blossom from a BYB, before we knew any better.  I
think we were a gang of 3 or 4 back then.  The Drool was our bible, where we
learned everything basset.  Lee and I were very active in rescue, and I
thought I had found my lifes calling through the Drool.  We traveled with
our pack to every event on the east coast that we could manage, planning our
vacations around the houndies in need.  We found our first boy, Dodger,
because of a post from Cathy Burlew on the Drool.  We didn't know we needed
a little boy at the time, but that is just what we needed.  Dodger is around
13-14, now, and just had a wonderful wellness check at the vet.  He is the
only one left and we know that  every minute with him is a gift.  Since
then, there has been Holly, "she who would not be denied".  Then came our
treasure, Uncle Chili and after him came Huntley the big smoosh.  They have
all left paw prints on our soul as they eventually went to the bridge, never
to be forgotten.  We are so lucky that most of our babies lived a very long
time.  I rarely post anymore and only read a couple digests each week-
sometimes life gets in the way, but we are still here.

Reenie and Lee Grant

Dodger (waddle on)

Hilton, NY