[Dailydrool] When I joined the drool

c.mitchell c.mitchell at eastlink.ca
Thu Nov 5 09:31:16 PST 2009

Cathy B said
I have shed tears and almost wet my pants with laughter, reading the adventures of the bassets on the Drool

Well I had to get a bladder tape and lift so I would not pee my pants reading the drool

I think I joined the drool in 1999 just before or after we got Sir Opa brain in fog mode so I may remember later today

Opa was our first basset and I swear the lil bugger hooked us
we called him Slim, slim chance he would miss a crumb
Sir Grump allot when he would grump at us because he would be sound asleep and we would say Opa we are going to bed lets go pee

He got what he wanted when he wanted his paws his tools, walk around sooooo slow
but he could have the pepperoni out of the grocery bag and hidden unless then
2.5 seconds leaving one to believe they never made the purchase
He would slip out the odd time, we would run all around the neighborhood
crying for him and he would be merely sitting on the curb waiting for us
Master at flat basset in the street when cars were coming and he could embarrass us.
Oh I how cry and laugh when I think of him.
I swear the lil guy was human and he was the king we his slaves we called him
Sir because he demanded his loyal followers to do all that he wished
He died at age 7 a cancerous tumor on the base of his brain.
The house fell silent, the fridge was safe, the cupboards remained closed and most of all the
 wooden spoons stayed in the drawer because I taught him to howl / sing when I took one out it was his microphone
Crazy Daisy we try to get her do those things but she is her own girl, and does things her way
Rex he is a busy boy but settling down now at 2
Max A Million was a quiet soul that never bothered a soul only to tell on Sir Opa

The drool has helped me lay to rest 3 doggies Max, Opa and Princess and 2 bunnies,
the continued love and support over the years I could not do without
You guys are all awesome

Healing drool to all those in need me and Rex shall be taking a LoooooNNNNGGGGGG walk tonight as he had a few potatoes chips

Carolyn
Proud mom
LiL Miss Daisy Halo
Rex Aka Lil Foot and the bridge crew