[Dailydrool] as you turn the page of your Daily Drool Calendar

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 19:51:12 PST 2009

...you will come upon a sweet sweet picture of two of Ohio's waddling
pwincesses....and they would probably tell you they have been around a
looong time!

When I was appropriated by LilyGurl many years ago I also received my first
hand-me-down computer from one of my college-age children...They got me
started on learning how to search the internet and of course the first thing
I searched for was 'how to bring up a basset'.  I stumbled across the Daily
drool and became a well-informed slave being ruled by a basset...and that
was only the beginning.

One thing led to another and before we knew it..we had basset 'friends' and
were learning all about waddles. The next thing I knew, we were driving
around the country so our bassets could 'get together' and visit and go to
waddles 'together'.  As luck would have it, one of the very first friends we
made lived only two hours away and in the same state.  It was the beginning
of a wonderful friendship that has lasted many years. Every year, in May,
several of us would gather at Pw. Annie's house to assemble our basset
entourage and travel to Michigan for the Great American Waddle. This was
always preceded by a wonderful get together at Annie's house, in Annie's
garden,  watching Annie's prowess as a squirrel huntress and listening to
Annie 'bawk' at the strange 'somethings' hiding under her deck and in her
mom's closet. It is no wonder that Annie became a pwincess.  She had
bassetude down to a fine art and showed it off at every opportunity.

I am sure she taught LilyGurl everything there is to know about bassetude
and we can only wonder about what they were often 'discussing' while
visiting in Annie's garden.

Even though Annie is no longer with us, her spirit is always present and I
wanted to honor that precious spirit and the lovely friendship Annie and
Lily had by sharing their picture, taken in Annie's garden, and marking this
day on our Daily Drool Calendar

Happy birthday, Annie

xoxoxoxoxo

--