[Dailydrool] Old Time Droolers

Melissa mibassetrescue at att.net
Fri Nov 6 16:22:30 PST 2009

Gramma Jo and I have been here for a very long time!! Since before we had
computers!! Jo subscribed and then printed the Drools out at work and
brought them home for me to read. We are guessing it was 1997. We found out
about the Drool at a Basset Hound Club of Greater Detroit meeting when Corey
Riggoni told us about it.

At that time the Drool was a lot smaller and we all got to know each other
and felt like a family. We also got to meet many of the Droolers and their
four leggers in person at the Basset Hound Nationals in PA. and then at
Waddles after Gramma Jo invented them.

Our bassets at that time were Augie Doggie, T.D., the World's Biggest
Basset!! We knew he was after posting his measurements on the Drool and no
one could come close!! We also had Sophie, AM/Can TD and our very first
rescue, Katsie Girl. Then came Earl. He became famous for drinking beer and
sitting up...he sat up all the time like it was just a natural position like
lying down. Earl made a cassette tape (that tells you how long ago it was
:o) called "Humping to the Oldies".  He was our "Bell Hound" and he could
make ANY basset howl. So when Droolers complained that their own bassets
wouldn't "sing" Earl grabbed the opportunity to help them sing while helping
homeless hounds. He made an "album" that was sold via the DD with proceeds
going to MBR. Songs titles such as "How Dry I Am", "100 Bottles of Beer on
the Wall", "Ain't Too Proud To Beg"...you get the idea.

We also had Leonard, Shirley Francine, Abigail  and Honey Bunny (all failed
fosters) along with CH Elwood and CH Harvey.

Currently we have CH. Elwood, Maynard (another failed foster), CH. Pearl and
Thelma-Lu (a rescued Bloodhound)

We want to thank Nancy for starting this family of "Food Slaves". Through
the DD we have made many wonderful friends that we would otherwise have
never known. Because of the Daily Drool, Waddles have become successes...not
just successes, but true "Family Reunions" and thousands of bassets have
been saved.

We don't post as often as we used to, but we're still here......and we still
miss T.B.O. and his fabulous stories!!! We really miss Nick's Adventures,
too!!

Melissa and Gramma Jo

Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets